Lets build our new Media Centre!

Content Providers: Post Your Works Here!
Forum rules
Post are made entirely at your own risk. PLVRR and it's owners will not be held responsible for posts made by users of this forum
NASCAR

Re: Lets build our new Media Centre!

Post by NASCAR » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:53 pm

wiz12345 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:35 pm
You need to be an active member of the forum before gaining access. Once you have more than 5 posts you will see the content sharing section, then you need to share your content to get access to other's content
Do we have to accept them? Or how does it work, I cant see any folders/threats from other users, but I posted a thread with my stuff, that will get updates very soon! The more share the more will upload!

You Might Also Like:

gm321

Post by gm321 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:17 pm

How do we get access? I've shared some of my stuff and I'm going to upload more.

wiz12345
Site Admin

Post by wiz12345 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:39 pm

NASCAR wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:53 pm
wiz12345 wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:35 pm
You need to be an active member of the forum before gaining access. Once you have more than 5 posts you will see the content sharing section, then you need to share your content to get access to other's content
Do we have to accept them? Or how does it work, I cant see any folders/threats from other users, but I posted a thread with my stuff, that will get updates very soon! The more share the more will upload!
It's a manual addition to a user group, so may take me a bit oftime to notice and approve... I can see your link, but it doesn't work...

wiz12345
Site Admin

Post by wiz12345 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:42 pm

gm321 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:17 pm
How do we get access? I've shared some of my stuff and I'm going to upload more.
Create a topic in the shared content section with your link and I'll add you to the group that let's you see other's posts

NASCAR

Post by NASCAR » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:45 pm

wiz12345 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:42 pm
gm321 wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:17 pm
Create a topic in the shared content section with your link and I'll add you to the group that let's you see other's posts
Thanks!!!!

smarthoney

Post by smarthoney » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 pm

I don't think this community is going to grow if the approval process is so stringent & delayed. Honest thought

wiz12345
Site Admin

Post by wiz12345 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:16 am

smarthoney wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 pm
I don't think this community is going to grow if the approval process is so stringent & delayed. Honest thought
Your thoughts are noted.

There are a multitude of reasons for it being the way it is, not least:
  • Technical - The forum software we are using does not natively allow for automation of the process - We are using a 3rd party plugin that restricts user group viewing permissions on 1 specific section until the user is manually added to the group.
  • Content - The purpose is to provide a way for active members to share with one another in a way that prevents freeloading taking place. Many of the videos that users share consist of purchased content that they don't want distributed outside of the community. Restricting access to other users who are sharing their content is a way to prevent this
In my opinion, meeting a minimum number of posts before providing visibility of the sharing section is a way to demonstrate being an active member of the community - At the time of writing, we have 806 members, but only 35 have more than 5 posts. 700 users have never posted!

Once a user has visibility and starts a topic with their content link, I don't think anyone has waited more than 24 hours to be given access to all the other user's content in the sharing section, and for most, access has been given within a few hours.

Finally, the above only refers to one particular section of the forum - users with fewer posts are free to share their content in other areas of the forum for all to access should they wish to.

Wiz

wuggadugga

Post by wuggadugga » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:03 am

wiz12345 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:16 am
smarthoney wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:39 pm
Your thoughts are noted.

There are a multitude of reasons for it being the way it is, not least:
  • Technical - The forum software we are using does not natively allow for automation of the process - We are using a 3rd party plugin that restricts user group viewing permissions on 1 specific section until the user is manually added to the group.
  • Content - The purpose is to provide a way for active members to share with one another in a way that prevents freeloading taking place. Many of the videos that users share consist of purchased content that they don't want distributed outside of the community. Restricting access to other users who are sharing their content is a way to prevent this
In my opinion, meeting a minimum number of posts before providing visibility of the sharing section is a way to demonstrate being an active member of the community - At the time of writing, we have 806 members, but only 35 have more than 5 posts. 700 users have never posted!

Once a user has visibility and starts a topic with their content link, I don't think anyone has waited more than 24 hours to be given access to all the other user's content in the sharing section, and for most, access has been given within a few hours.

Finally, the above only refers to one particular section of the forum - users with fewer posts are free to share their content in other areas of the forum for all to access should they wish to.

Wiz
Wiz you're doing the right thing, it's perfect for our current situation

NASCAR

Post by NASCAR » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:44 am

I really like the shared folder!!

I would love to see more premium vids from ManyVids and Clips4Sale, I will post more premiums very soon!

floydcallows2

Post by floydcallows2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:51 am

@NASCAR I have several, just have been lax about posting and uploading and whatnot. Gonna aim to have time this weekend for some of that!